Thursday, September 10, 2009

You just know

Two of my best friends got married this summer. Beaming, I stood beside each of them as they cast their lot in with this person whose life God had collided with their own. Who doesn't love a good romance. I mean how many times have I read Pride and Prejudice? Love is something every human craves, not to mention the fun of getting dressed up, dancing, and eating cake that goes with weddings. I've always wondered how one knows they have found the one person with whom they want to spend the rest of their earthly days. Upon my queries I get a pretty standard response. Exhaling softly they say, "You just know." But I think we both know there is more to it than that. God has an amazing way of making the way plain. And we can be confident to take the next step because it is obvious that only God could have done such a thing.

Those that have known me for a while are aware of my love for travel. I have been in and out of relationships with this place and that. It has been a long time desire of my heart to live in Africa. This past year has been like a romance with Africa. My acquaintance with Uganda began last summer. When kids clamored with dirty hands grasping for mine, I was smitten. Since my return there have been mixed emotions, confusion over what I should do, a lot of waiting and praying, even the surreal feeling when World Harvest asked me to go to Bundibugyo, Uganda. In the back of my mind the question loomed... "Is this it?" These past few months assurance has filled my heart as God has called people to partner with me and funds have quickly come in despite the current climate of our economy. The road just keeps materializing as my foot nears the ground, step by step. And... I JUST KNOW this is what God has prepared me for and where He is leading me right now. So for the next two years I am casting my lot in with the people of Bundibugyo, hitching my wagon to the gospel and expecting the ride of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment