Friday, September 2, 2011

Randy and Rachel come to visit... it doesn't get much better than that!

I couldn’t believe that the time had come as I gave final hugs to Randy and Rachel. The tears just started to come. I hate goodbyes. But as a missionary they are a part of life. I have learned that despite the pain... they are worth it and this goodbye was no different. Because goodbye meant that I had said a hello. Randy and Rachel gave me the best gift ever this past August... coming all the way to middle of nowhere Uganda to see me. Now that is awesome! And we had a great time together!


A few of the highlights...


Being serenaded by Randy as he learned to play his mountain dulcimer (the body of which is made of cardboard and Randy brought with him on the plane in a plastic bag) I love my musical brother!


Having Rachel hang out with me at school... being a part of my every day life.


Many great meals together, with lots of longs talks and catching up on life.

Hanging out with Friends and sharing jack fruit!


Motorcycle rides!
Hiking through the jungle to Nyahuka falls in Bundibugyo!

A hike at one of the crater lakes in Fort Portal.

Swimming in the lake at the bottom of the crater... bathing suits are over rated.

Public transportation adventures on the way to Queen Elizabeth National Park. In which were dropped off in the pack on the side of the road, whisked quickly to a waiting Matatu, and crammed inside (me still carrying around Randy’s cardboard dulcimer in the plastic bag). Then another time waiting in the rain while we served as entertainment for local children. After 2 filled to the brim passed the third one had room for us and apparently a lot more. (there were 6 grown men at one point in a row meant to seat 3!)


Seeing lions at Queen Elizabeth!

Rafting the Nile!!



1 comment:

  1. WUH HOOOOOO!!!!!! so fun to get a few glimpses of the fun! and those goodbye tears, they do just come, don't they?. and they keep coming every time. Might God give you what you need in coming months to say meaningful and loving hellos and goodbyes in their time. It's more than we can do on our own, friend. The tears come now just thinking about it and you. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete