Sunday, September 16, 2012

Titchie Field Day-Western Style

This has been a busy weekend.  Friday was open house where parents could visit and sit in on classes.  The seniors had "senior store" a food fundraiser for their senior trip.  As a result I have consumed half a dozen donuts and 2 cheese burgers in the last 48 hours!  And on Saturday in the elementary school (aka Titchie Swot) had field day.  I was out bright and early and met my 2 high school helpers to set up barrels for a horse race/ chase game that we came up with.

There were about 10 different "booths" set up around the field.  I put on my southern accent and introduced each group of students to my two best stick horses: Freeman and Molasses.  Just in case you were wondering Molasses is not slow, she just has a beautiful brown mane.  Our first group had only 3 kids, so the three of us leaders played with the kids.  Let me tell you, at this altitude I was plum tuckered out in about 5 minutes, and sweating for perhaps the first time since I arrived at RVA.  Fun was had by all and some of the kids even tried out their country accents too.  Here are a few snaps of my students enjoying the day.



Freeman can really fly with the right rider :)


My co-teacher Hanna!
happy girls

3 comments:

  1. Anna, it's really cool to hear about this! Blessings on your work. Thanks. (This is Drew McIntyre, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update and set of images. Thanks! We were praying and smiling yesterday as we remembered you and RVA.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Anna! You always make a party wherever you are!
    Love from Bundi!

    ReplyDelete